[openbox] shortcut problems

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Sun Aug 4 18:25:11 EDT 2013

Robert Holtzman wrote:

  Running Debian Wheezy with Xfce4 4.8.0.3 and openbox 3.5.0-7. I'm having
  a problem (among several)
  with ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml and key bindings. I want to create a
  shortcut to open a terminal
  and having no joy. Turned up a site with a sample rc.xml file that had
  an entry that did what I want.
  Pasted it in with no result after a reboot. The entry is:

   <keybind key="A-t">
        <action name="Execute">
          <execute>gnome-terminal</execute>
        </action>
      </keybind>

That doesn't look right to me. Shouldn't the "action" be more like this?

<action name="Execute"><command><gnome-terminal/command></action>