[openbox] urxvt is decoration-less

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:17:01 EDT 2012

For a while I had configured urxvt to not display window decorations in
my rc.xml. Recently I've changed my mind, but unsetting the settings
seems to have had no effect. Even weirder, I can't add decorations with
my keybinding either. It just refuses to display decorations.

The relevent sections of rc.xml:

<keybind key="W-w">
   <keybind key="u">
     <action name="ToggleDecorations"/>
   </keybind>
</keybind>

<application name="urxvt">
   <decor>yes</decor><!-- formerly set to "no" -->
   <focus>yes</focus>
   <fullscreen>no</fullscreen>
   <layer>normal</layer>
   <maximized>no</maximized>
</application>

<application name="*">
   <action name="If">
     <maximizedvertical>yes</maximizedvertical>
     <then>
       <action name="Undecorate" />
     </then>
   </action>
</application>

Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening? This only affects
urxvt, as far as I am aware. For all other applications, the dynamic
setting of decorations works fine.

Robbie