[openbox] Per application settings

Israel Jacques mrkotfw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 00:55:20 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I have the following:

<application class="Inkscape" type="normal">
  <desktop>5</desktop>
  <layer>below</layer>
  <decor>no</decor>
  <position force="yes">
    <x>center</x>
    <y>center</y>
  </position>
  <maximized>yes</maximized>
</application>
<application class="Inkscape" type="dialog">
  <desktop>5</desktop>
  <layer>above</layer>
  <decor>yes</decor>
  <position force="yes">
    <x>center</x>
    <y>center</y>
  </position>
</application>

Which works fine. However, I've noticed that all dialogs are
full-screen. Using obxprop/xprop I see the following on the so-called
"dialog":

_OB_APP_TYPE(UTF8_STRING) = "normal"
_OB_APP_TITLE(UTF8_STRING) = "Export Bitmap (Shift+Ctrl+E)"
_OB_APP_CLASS(UTF8_STRING) = "Inkscape"
_OB_APP_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = "inkscape"
_OB_APP_ROLE(UTF8_STRING) =

It just so happens that ALL the "dialog windows" have a type of
"normal". Is there a way to mitigate this? Is there a way to
differentiate these windows from the actual normal window or will I
have to actually tell Inkscape to fix this "bug"?

Thank you all,