[openbox] How is /usr/lib/openbox/openbox-xdg-autostart executed by Openbox?

James Robertson j at mesrobertson.com
Thu Mar 1 03:57:11 EST 2012

I am using Openbox Standalone but want to set the ENVIRONMENT to
"GNOME" so I do not have to edit the "OnlyShowIn=" variable for files
located in /etc/xdg/autostart/ to have them start at Logon.

If I add the following in ~/.config/openbox/autostart

/usr/lib/openbox/openbox-xdg-autostart GNOME &

This works but has the effect of running openbox-xdg-autostart twice
and therefore possibly launching 2 instances of the application, which
I do not want.  /etc/xdg/openbox/autostart has nothing in it.

So how does Openbox execute /usr/lib/openbox/openbox-xdg-autostart and
can I append the GNOME environment option on to it?

I am running Debian Sid with Openbox 3.5.

Thanks