[openbox] Using Mouse To Change Virtual Desktops

Mikael Magnusson mikachu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 14:01:17 EDT 2012

On 30/06/2012, Brian Mattern <rephorm at rephorm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2012, Frank Peters wrote:
>
>> It should not be that difficult to implement.
>
> A similar feature is already implemented when moving a window to the
> edge of the screen.  You could probably modify moveresize_event() in
> moveresize.c, and add some code before "if (!moveresize_in_progress)
> return FALSE;" to call do_edge_warp() and then modify the edge warp code
> to also work if there is no window currently being moved.
>
> This shouldn't be that hard for you to implement now that you know where
> to start.

That won't work, openbox only gets motion events while dragging a
window, because otherwise we don't care. What you want is to have
invisible windows mapped along each edge and listen to enter/leave
events on those. I have this partially implemented in my git repo in
the edges branch.

--
Mikael Magnusson