[openbox] Menu fonts

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Jun 28 21:44:23 EDT 2012

Ian> Hi, the fonts in my openbox menus were the way I like them, thin
Ian> and crisp, until yesterday.  Now they look blurry like the Ubuntu
Ian> desktop, which I hate passionately.  I did run an apt upgrade and
Ian> in the log I see couple of potential suspects:

Ian> Interestingly, the same seems to have happened to Tk programs.  But
Ian> not to Gtk programs, nor to Iceweasel.

Ok, it _was_ libxft:

I found a way to make everything look as before:

 [10+0]~# cd /etc/fonts/
 [13+0]fonts# cd conf.d
 [15+0]conf.d# ln -s ../conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-legacy.conf .

What I don't understand, is, this bug was apparently filed because fonts
appeared differently in Gtk versus Openbox, and after it was "fixed",
the fonts appear the same for the user who filed it.  This is the exact
opposite to my own experience.  Can anyone explain?

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD