[openbox] Using Mouse To Change Virtual Desktops

Frank Peters frank.peters at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 14:18:30 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have been using openbox exclusively for several years and it has
proven to be a great window manager.  (I have always had a minimalist
approach to computing and I loathe such bloated behemoths as Gnome
or KDE.)

However, my single complaint is that with openbox it is not possible
to change to the next virtual desktop by using the mouse pointer.
After setting up a virtual desktop grid with the setlayout utility,
the only quick way to change desktops is by using hotkeys.  The key
method is quick and simple, but using the mouse pointer to scroll
onto the adjacent desktop would be even quicker and simpler and
also more natural.

Are there any developer plans to allow changing desktops with the
mouse pointer?  IMO, it should be a priority to do so.

Frank Peters