[openbox] Cycle through windows with mouse wheel

Tom Wizetek tom at wizetek.com
Sat Jun 16 17:42:48 EDT 2012

I posted a while ago about the ability to cycle through windows with a
mouse wheel. The problem is that a final mouseclick or keypress action
is required to select window.

It was suggested that the "stopInteractive" option would take care of
the issue but it was never clearly described or confirmed how.

I'm currently running 3.5.0 and I'm still in the dark on how to
achieve this functionality. Any updates or hints?

> ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml:
>
>   <context name="Desktop">
>     <mousebind button="Up" action="Click">
>       <action name="PreviousWindow">
>         <dialog>no</dialog>
>         <bar>yes</bar>
>         <raise>yes</raise>
>         <linear>no</linear>
>         <finalactions>
>           <action name="Focus"/>
>           <stopInteractive>yes</stopInteractive>
>         </finalactions>
>       </action>
>     </mousebind>
>     <mousebind button="Down" action="Click">
>       <action name="NextWindow">
>         <dialog>no</dialog>
>         <bar>yes</bar>
>         <raise>yes</raise>
>         <linear>no</linear>
>         <finalactions>
>           <action name="Focus"/>
>           <stopInteractive>true</stopInteractive>
>         </finalactions>
>       </action>
>     </mousebind>
>   </context>

It doesn't seem to matter whether I set <stopInteractive> to "yes" or
"true". I've tried putting this line within <finalaction>, within
<action name="NextWindow">, before, after, and all combinations.