[openbox] urxvt maximized

richo richo at psych0tik.net
Mon Jan 30 06:15:43 EST 2012

On 30/01/12 03:12 -0800, Israel Jacques wrote:
>   On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 23:16, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Diego Jose Torrealba Bravo
>     <diegoxter1006 at gmail.com> wrote:
>     > Just creat a PKGBUILD for it then...
>     >
>     Nope. I know about abs et al., but I keep it to the absolute minimum.
>     Sooner or later I'll forget to recompile and I'll have to face assorted
>     errors until I remember I'm using something that may not be playing well
>     with the current libraries...
>     J.
>   Really the only solution is to find a font that is a multiple of your
>   screen resolution (difficult).A I was thinking that Openbox could center
>   the XTerm so that it's evenly distributed around.A For example if the
>   bottom strip has 10px then distribute 5px at the bottom and 5px to
>   "center" it vertically.
>   Also, Jorge: Many people here just gave you many valid solutions but
>   you're going to have to do some work.

I'm typing this from a full screen urxvt, and as you can see the bottom looks
fine here. I think the issue may be elsewhere.

Screenshot at http://natalya.psych0tik.net/~richo/fullscreen_urxvt.png

For the record, my urxvt and openbox are both patched but not in ways that
would affect this behaviour.

--
richo || Today's excuse:

Power Company having EMP problems with their reactor
http://blog.psych0tik.net