[openbox] first client doesn't appear until I click

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Thu Jan 5 12:15:18 EST 2012

Ikem Krueger wrote:

  > 2012/1/5 Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu>:
  > I use xinit to start my X server, and have this in my .xinitrc:
  > xterm &
  > exec openbox
  > The xterm doesn't actually appear on my screen until I click somewhere.

  Maybe you change the order?
  First openbox, then xterm?

That wouldn't work directly.  It looks like I should be using
openbox-session, and put the xterm in autostart.sh.  I'll try that.

  > Some settings I use that might make a difference:
  > focusNew=no

  What happens if you change this to "yes"?

No change, but I did discover that the xterm does eventually appear on its
own, after a delay of about ten seconds.