[openbox] Move to last desktop

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Mon Dec 10 16:21:59 EST 2012

David Vogt wrote:

  Since a few days, I have added a few shortcuts for creating and removing
  virtual desktops. When a new desktop is created, I want it to be at the
  end (which works nicely), and then go there and use it.

  However, this seems not to work. There is no <action> to go to the last
  desktop. So currently, I'm using this ugly hack that works, but... well
  it's a hack:

    <action name="AddDesktop">
      <where>last</where>
    </action>
    <action name="execute">
      <execute>notify-send -t 2000 "New Desktop created"</execute>
    </action>

As long as you're willing to use ugly hacks, how about this?

  wmctrl -s `wmctrl -d |tail +2 |wc -l`

Faster, less typing, and no upper limit on number of desktops.  Better, use
"expr" instead of "tail" but you'll have to work out the double eval.