[openbox] question on how to get a specific configuration in the screenshots

Américo Rocha aurocha at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:21:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

There are a lot of dock apps like the one shown. That screenshot looks a bit
old. I think the most popular are:

- Docky
- AWN
- Cairo dock

There's also wbar, which looks great.
Personally, I use tint2 because it's highly configurable via tintwizard.

But I was using xfce4-panel, because it's more consistent. Here's a
screenshot: http://goo.gl/GJ3zD.
The file manager is thunar with the gtk2 elementary icons and theme. XFCE4
apps integrate very well with openbox.
 They are my favourite.

Regards,

2011/9/30 Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am an openbox user (have been a low-power one for a while) and this
> morning, I was looking at the screenshots on the openbox.org website. I
> cam across the configuration at:
>
> http://openbox.org/oldwiki/images/6/66/Mendax-desktop.jpg
>
> I was wondering where to get the configuration file. In particular, I was
> wondering how one gets the panel (3-d look) at the bottom center of the
> screen.
>
> I tried using trayer, but was not able to figure out how to get it to do
> anything close to what was in the screenshot. Any suggestions, please?
>
> Best wishes,
> Trotter

Américo Rocha
aurocha at gmail.com