[openbox] Status of dcompmgr?

Christopher Jeffrey chjjeffrey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:26:06 EDT 2011

I'd like to think there are a lot of people looking for a lightweight
compositor, just for some basic eye candy. xcompmgr is a mess, and
seems unmaintained. The only serious solution to this problem is to
use Xfce. Their WM's built-in comp manager is a fork of xcompmgr, and
it's very nice, but for people who don't want to install an entire DE,
it cannot be used.

I saw "dcompmgr" in the openbox git repo's and my head nearly
exploded. It sounds like exactly what a lot of people, including
myself, might be looking for, and the fact that it's so near to
openbox development makes it even better.

I'm curious about the development status of dcompmgr. Are there plans
to maintain it or polish it more?

--
Christopher Jeffrey <chjjeffrey at gmail.com>
http://github.com/chjj