[openbox] recommended WM using low resources?

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 21:43:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks very much for your detailed e-mail! I am trying to live in a non-DE world, so I thought I would cast my net and see which of the four (FVWM, OB, FB, PekWM, or something else) I should consider.

I use my desktop for almost everything but also for routine, quite heavy computation. I would therefore like to have the background processes to have low memory footprint and CPU usage if possible, while not giving up a whole lot of functionality.

That in a nutshell is what I am pursuing. I am thankful to the discussion so far.

Best wishes!