[openbox] [maybe OT] raise window from CLI

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 11:57:42 EDT 2011

My IDE for working with LaTeX is simply an xterm + gvim + a simple Makefile :)
"make edit" will call gvim to edit a tex file, "make" will produce a
pdf, "make view" will call evince to show the pdf file, etc. Now, when
evince is already running the appropriate file (i.e., assuming that
"make view" was already called), when "make" is run again an updated
pdf file is produced (if necessary) and evince loads the updated pdf.
Unfortunately, the evince window is behind other windows, and I have
to raise it manually. It would be great to do it automatically, by
adding some command to the Makefile at the "make" target. Is there any
way to do it at all? I have no idea how to start looking for something
like this...

Thanks

Jorge Almeida