[openbox] Adding finalactions to showmenu

richo richo at psych0tik.net
Sat Nov 12 01:41:33 EST 2011

Hi List,

I'm in the process of trying to add a finalactions stanza to showmenu so that
you can configure some actions to fire when the menu is complete.

I am using cyclewindows as a reference implementation, but struggling to find
documentation.

If I declare setup_func as

static gpointer setup_func(xmlnodeptr node,
         obactionsiprefunc *pre,
         obactionsiinputfunc *input,
         obactionsicancelfunc *cancel,
         obactionsipostfunc *post)

I believe that I then point pre, input, cancel and post to functions to be
executed in those conditions. My questions are:

Do I need to write a noop function to set the ones I'm not using to?

And how safe is it to stuff the ObClient that I'm dealing with into the
Options struct for later retrieval in my post function?

Or alternately, am I approaching this entirely the wrong way?

Thanks

richo
--
richo || Today's excuse:

because Bill Gates is a Jehovah's witness and so nothing can work on St.
Swithin's day.
http://blog.psych0tik.net