[openbox] About possibility to have different wallpaper on every desktop.

Andrew Gallant jamslam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:43:52 EDT 2011

You don't need dbus for this and Openbox doesn't use dbus. I don't
know how pcmanfm handles things, but you could listen for
PROPERTY_NOTIFY events on the root window and key in on the
_NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP property. (This property changes when the desktop
changes.) I imagine you could then change your desktop background
using feh or some other utility.

Of course, you'll need to get down and dirty with a bit of X
programming. If you know python, this may help:

An example to get you started:

https://github.com/BurntSushi/xpybutil/blob/master/examples/inactive-window-transparent.py

- Andrew