[openbox] sloppy focus "stealing"

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sat May 21 20:21:28 EDT 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011 23:51:21 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu at gmail.com> wrote:

Ian>  If you feel this way about it, maybe you shouldn't provide the
Ian> option at all.  Otherwise you'll always have people like me
Ian> complaining because you're not willing to accept patches to
Ian> actually make it work.

Mikael> Sorry, when did I say I didn't accept patches?

You said "it's hard to imagine how such a thing could work", which I
took to mean roughly "I will try hard to find something wrong with any
patch to implement this."  Was I wrong?

On a more substantive note perhaps, it is true that focus-follows-mouse
is very different from click-to-focus.  So different that changing a few
code paths here and there depending on the flag is probably not enough
to really make it work.

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD