[openbox] sloppy focus "stealing"

Paul openboxml023478 at rainslide.net
Thu May 19 06:00:38 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 10:15:43AM +1000, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
>PS: Actually I hate auto raise and I often type into partly obsured
>windows.  For example I often layer terminal windows (to lots of
>different hosts, as I am a system administrator) so only the bottom few
>lines are visible I can then move the mouse an type into each window
>as needed without needing to re-layer my windows (and obsuring other
>information windows.   I have been doing this for twenty years!

You'd might like to use something like this, which has the effect of a usual alt-tab, but doesn't bring the destination window to the front, so you can switch between terminal windows with the keyboard and not lose your carefully placed stacking order:

     <keybind key="W-Tab">
       <action name="NextWindow">
         <finalactions>
           <action name="Focus"/>