[openbox] Libre Office problem

George De Bruin sndchaser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:10:02 EST 2011

Don't thank me, thank Alexey...  He mentioned the option, I just looked it
up. :)

It sounds like something in your configuration is causing issues with GTK.
 I have rox installed, and LibreOffice on #! Linux at home and didn't have
any issues.  I don't run rox-session, and don't have roxlib installed so one
of those could be at fault...  But it also may be something else that you
are using that is causing a conflict with the GTK file open / save dialogs.

IMO - rox very well could be the culprit because of it's drag-n-drop file
save feature: http://roscidus.com/desktop/node/66#Savingx20.fromx20.Edit<http://roscidus.com/desktop/node/66#Savingx20.fromx20.Edit>
But,
Thomas's code has generally been pretty non-invasive and I have yet to see
an issue like this before (but there's a first time for everything).

George

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:23:14 -0600
> George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at OpenOffice right now (still not at home) but I think the
> menu
> > is the same for this option..it's under Tools->Options->General and then
> > deselect "Use LibreOffice Dialogs".
> >
> > See if that makes a difference.
> >
> > George
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:47 PM, George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I'll try to find it when I get home tonight... I remember the option,
> but
> > > not where it is...
> > >
> > > George
> > >

> Thanks,
>
> Just looked at that. The check box was empty. Clicking it and trying again
> seems to work OK now. Presumably there is some odd problem with Libre
> Office
> and gtk. Strange that I don't show the same problem with Open Office.
> Indeed
> that option isn't there either!
>
> --
> Will J Godfrey
> http://www.musically.me.uk
> Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

---
Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...