[openbox] [Patch] Least overlap placement

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Mon Jun 6 02:10:59 EDT 2011

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:02:23 +0200
David Vogt <dv at adfinis.ch> wrote:

David> You're right. pick_head() gets the value from screen_area(),
David> which in turn creates it using g_slice_new(). This would also
David> explain the SIGABRT I was getting when I naively used g_free().

David> Looking at place_client(), I see that it already fetches the same
David> data.  So why not use that instead? This way, we get a little
David> less overhead.

David> I've put the patches on github to avoid sending out modified
David> versions of the same patch over and over again:

David> https://github.com/winged/openbox/tree/least-overlap-placement

Right, this will be a much better way to collaborate.

In the last version, the foreground arg to place_least_overlap() is not
used, so drop it?

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD