[openbox] client list with submenus

Alexey Korop akorop at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:43:22 EST 2011

Dana Jansens wrote on 24.01.2011 20:47:

> I think we have 3 types of menu items.  Non-submenus, Submenus with
> default, and Submenus without default.  I'd like to use the "submenu"
> indicator to instead display these 3 things.  That is, currently the
> submenu indicator is either empty or an arrow.  I would like to change
> it instead to have 3 states.  How about empty, an arrow, or a diamond
> (for submenu with default).  This way it is also independent from the
> icon, which is a big plus.
     All is exactly as You say for these 3 thypes.
     But 4th type exist also: the default item of the submenu. I mark a
default item by the "dimond" at the LEFT of the bar, and only this mark
type may (in theory) to conflict with the icon. But in fact there is no
concflicts.
     For example, here (http://fit.kharkiv.org/openbox/client-list1.gif)
the "Activate" item is a default item of a "Calculator" submenu. This
action have no icon.