[openbox] Multihead window placement in groups

Aphyr aphyr at aphyr.com
Wed Jan 12 16:50:49 EST 2011

I wanted to mention that I recently removed the smart multihead client
group placement code in place.c from my local copy of Openbox. If you
aren't familiar, it will always place windows on the display of the
first other client in the group--even if that display is full or the
pointer is active on another display!

This means it's actually possible to place new browser or terminal
windows on whichever display is active, instead of being permanently
locked to one. It seems much more usable now. Perhaps there should be an
option to configure this behavior, or at least disable it for certain
client groups?

--Kyle Kingsbury