[openbox] Move events not propagated instantly

Andreas Fink andreas.fink85 at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:17:29 EST 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:12:32 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 February 2011 22:05, Andreas Fink <andreas.fink85 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:04:12 +0100
> > Mikael Magnusson <mikachu at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It is by design, we consider the window to only be actually moved when
> >> you release the button. Before that it's none of the app's business
> >> what the user is doing, the window seemingly moving is just feedback
> >> to the user where it would be if you let go of the mouse. If you press
> >> Escape, the whole operation is aborted and the window is not moved.
> >>

> > So there is no way, keeping two windows in sync when moving?
>
> Ugh no, don't pretend your app is a window manager.

Sure it's not a window manager. But two top-level windows belonging to my single application, may have a very special layout (not in my case though, but it's possible).
I guess, I don't care enough to tackle it further, but still I don't think it's a good idea to limit behaviour this way. A move event is a move event, even if in the end the result is dropped (and this is by the way inconsistent with sending resize events all the time, even if the result is being dropped in the end)