[openbox] Typos/missing info in documentation

Ivan S. Freitas ivansichfreitas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 20:27:50 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Nicky Chorley <ndchorley at gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, on the "Help:Autostart" page, the autostart script is referred
> to by the name "autostart". However, commands placed in a file
> ~/.config/openbox/autostart are not run; the file must be called
> "autostart.sh" as detailed in the man page for openbox-session (for both
> 3.4.11 and the version in Git: http://bit.ly/sVdSLB).

The autostart.sh script was split in two in openbox 3.5 or higher: the
autostart script, and
the environment script (respectively ~/.config/openbox/autostart and
~/.config/openbox/environment).
You're just refering to the 3.5 documentation using an old version of openbox.

> The second typo (or perhaps it's just that information is missing, or even a
> bug) I found is in the documentation for the "SendToDesktop" action on the
> "Help:Actions" page. That section says to use the <to> option to specify the
> desktop to move the window to. I thus added 4 keybind sections to my rc.xml
> (one for each desktop) that look like this:

It seems that even the current documentation still outdated in some places.
Also. beyond the official openbox documentation, you may also check
the archlinux
wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Openbox

--