[openbox] Cycle windows with mouse wheel

Tom Wizetek tom at wizetek.com
Wed Aug 17 13:30:27 EDT 2011

I'm still looking for the ability to cycle windows with a mouse wheel up/down.

my ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml:

  <context name="Desktop">
    <mousebind button="Up" action="Click">
      <action name="PreviousWindow">
        <dialog>no</dialog>
        <bar>yes</bar>
        <raise>yes</raise>
        <linear>no</linear>
      </action>
    </mousebind>
    <mousebind button="Down" action="Click">
      <action name="NextWindow">
        <dialog>no</dialog>
        <bar>yes</bar>
        <raise>yes</raise>
        <linear>no</linear>
      </action>
    </mousebind>
  </context>

The issue is that after cycling windows I have to make a window active
either with a left-mouse-click or by pressing ENTER on the keyboard. I
am now running openbox-git 20110816 on Arch Linux.

It was mentioned at some point that a 'stopInteractive' config option
in the <focus> section would take care of it but I can't seem to get
it to work.

How can I get the desired behaviour?