[openbox] 3.5.0, $GLOBALAUTOSTART

Paul openboxml023478 at rainslide.net
Sun Aug 7 06:03:38 EDT 2011

I've always had ". $GLOBALAUTOSTART" at the beginning of my ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh. I upgraded to 3.5.0 and restarted X. Openbox started, but it didn't execute anything after that line in autostart.sh. I looked at the X output window and saw that it was complaining about not being able to source anything at that line, in other words, $GLOBALAUTOSTART was not defined. I commented out the line and restarted X again. Openbox started as it usually does, executing everything in autostart.sh. Is this new behaviour of 3.5.0, that $GLOBALAUTOSTART has now been removed?

--

.