[openbox] Claws-Mail and lost focus

Andrew Gaydenko a at gaydenko.com
Tue Apr 19 17:04:53 EDT 2011

Hi!

Claws-Mail is yet the only application I have noticed having problems with focus. Steps to reproduce are:

1. open two apps on a desktop X, being Claws-Mail one og the apps
2. select (focus) Claws-Mail
3. switch to desktop Y
4. return to desktop X

Result: Claws-Mail is still above another (opened on desktop X) app, but it is that second app who accepts keyboard input.

At my case Firefox played the role of that second app, and it is very funny to see Claws-Mail, but - via Alt-F - to navigate Firefox menu.

BTW, tint2 also shows the second app to be active.

Can anybody suggest ideas for further issue investigation? Which window/application properties are in the game? How to browse and direct them? Workarounds? Additional action for desktop X switch key?

//---- lyrics ---

I have switched from KDE to OpenBox just few days ago and very happy with this migration. Indeed. Very. And it is the only issue I have. Unfortunately, it is rather annoying issue as far as mail client is one of the main app I use during all the day (and, you see, night also).

Under other WM/DE which I have tried there were not any such problems with Claws-Mail (or any other apps).

Andrew