[openbox] Include another config file?

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Sat Oct 9 05:51:55 EDT 2010

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 00:49:02 -0400, Dana Jansens wrote

> >> Unfortunately, no.  As Vlad pointed out you can for menu definitions, but
> >> not for other stuff.
> >
> > Would you consider adding such a tag? It could be very useful for sharing
> > configurations, e.g. shortcuts for tiling windows using GrowTo* etc.
>
> I would consider accepting a patch to do so, but probably won't write
> it myself.

This sounds like a severe case os reinventing-the-wheel :-)
Isn't openbox using libxml2 internally? Why not use the mechanics of XInclude
for the task? Just add _one_ line of code ( xmlXInclude(your_xml_doc_here); )

> However, one problem is ObConf would not know what to do
> with that either.  I intend to make this situation better sometime,
> but with a more deep overhaul of how config works.

Doesn't obconf use libobt? By using XInclude everthing should work aut of the
openbox ...

 HTH Ralf Mattes