[openbox] openbox and xcompmgr

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Mar 23 10:32:01 EDT 2010

Around about 23/03/10 13:25, Andreas Fink typed ...
> It should work (it does for me).
> You can check in your rc.xml the section "resize" (especially the key, "drawContents")

   I have, in ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml:

   <resize>
     <drawContents>yes</drawContents>
     <popupShow>Always</popupShow>
     <!-- 'Always', 'Never', or 'Nonpixel' (xterms and such) -->
     <popupPosition>Center</popupPosition>
     <!-- 'Center' or 'Top' -->
     <popupFixedPosition>
       <x>0</x>
       <y>0</y>
     </popupFixedPosition>
   </resize>

   OK, this is odd.  I've just killed xcompmgr and I *still* don't get
redraw on resize, so unless xcompmgr leaves things in an odd state, it must
be something else.  Even restarting openbox (without logging out) doesn't
make it work.

   I have OB 3.4.7, if that's relevant.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature