[openbox] moving fullscreen windows

Dana Jansens dana at orodu.net
Thu Mar 18 09:36:55 EDT 2010

On 18/03/10 09:23 AM, Dmitry Baryshev wrote:

> 2010/3/18 Freddie <freddie_signup at gmx.co.uk
> <mailto:freddie_signup at gmx.co.uk>>
>

>     On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Freddie wrote:
>
>         On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Dmitry Baryshev wrote:
>
>             Hi. Is there a way to move fullscreen windows in openbox?
>

>         With
>         <keybind key="S-A-Left">
>         <action name="SendToDesktopLeft" />
>         </kebind>
>

>     (in my ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml file, I should add)
>

>         (and for up, down, and right etc.) Shift-Alt-Left works for
>         me. See http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Contents#Configuration
>         for more info.
>
>         Freddie
>
>             Some window
>             managers allow this through a special setting. Does
>             openbox allow this?
>             Thanks!
>
>             --
>             Regards, Krasu
>
> I ment a settings that will allow all types of moving, including
> programmatic. For example, in my program I try to move fullscreen
> window: move(100, 0). In KWin it works fine, in openbox doesn't. Any
> ideas?

Fullscreen means that the window fills the screen, from 0,0, with size
equal to the screen, and has no decorations.  It is a "state" of a
window, so making it fullscreen preserves its original size/location for
when the state is removed.  Is moving the window supposed to remove the
fullscreen hint?  You could just do that before moving.

Cheers,
Dana