[openbox] default window size for a specific application

tomislav_maric@gmx.com tomislav.maric at gmx.com
Thu Mar 4 12:34:25 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure the inkscape application to start with a different window size from the default one: the default one is too small. I've defined the proper "class" and "name" for the app in the rc.conf and played around with the options: everything works fine. Big thanks to the developers of this fast and beautiful software. :)

I've tried to use the settings:

inkscape*geometry: 800x600+0+0

in the ~/.Xdefaults file because I didn't find the window size option for a specific app in the rc.conf. Is there such a parameter? The applications seem to ignore the .Xdefaults (firefox and inkscape) and giving them "-geometry" option when calling them from the console does nothing (inkscape= warnings, firefox= plain ignoring).

Inkscape is really small when it starts and that's why I'm trying to do this... I would be grateful for any advice ....

Tomislav