[openbox] Dock Application

Erich Körner Erich.Koerner at gmx.net
Mon Jul 26 19:30:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:09:23 +0200
Erich Körner <Erich.Koerner at gmx.net> wrote:

> > You can try wmswallow (http://www.dockapps.org/file.php/id/102) - works
> > ok depending on the application.
> >
> > dave
> >
> > Thanks for your answer; but that's not the problem I try to solve. I
> > wrote an own app (with qt4-designer) and try to get it into the dock.
> > Iknow how to do that with X11 lib, a few lines of code.  But how can I
> > achieve that with qt4?
> >
> > Sternauge

With Qt you do it the same way... Qt offers you everything you need for that by giving you a function which returns the opened
Display. If you know how to do it with Xlib, than do it the same with Qt, i.e. get the Display and do everything with the xlib (qt
wraps around the xlib, so it shouldn't be a problem). QX11Info::display() returns you the display Qt has opened, and with this
display you can set the needed wmhints before showing the QWidget.

Regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your hint; it works!