[openbox] ToggleShade Bug?

Mikael Magnusson mikachu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:03:12 EST 2010

2010/1/21 Paul <openboxml023478 at rainslide.net>:
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but...
>
> If I move to another window with W-h (DirectionFocusLeft, although the
> direction doesn't seem to matter), then, with the W key still held down, I
> shade it with W-r (ToggleShade) sure enough it shades the window, but when I
> release the W key, it unshades it. So, in order to shade another window I
> have to DirectionFocus... to it, release all keys, then ToggleShade it. I
> don't have to do this with other commands, like combinations of
> DirectionFocus... and GrowToEdge... (W-A-whatever), where I can keep the W
> key held down throughout.

It's not a bug, and configurable. The default actions for all the
focus cycle actions are unshade, raise, focus. I use this for A-Tab
for example:

  <keybind key="A-Tab">
    <action name="NextWindow">
      <finalactions>
        <action name="focus"/>
        <action name="raise"/>
      </finalactions>
    </action>
  </keybind>

It's the same for the directional bindings, just find all
DirectionalCycle* in your rc file and add that finalactions tag. Ie:

  <keybind key="W-Left">
    <action name="DirectionalFocusWest">
      <finalactions>
        <action name="focus"/>
        <action name="raise"/>
      </finalactions>
    </action>
  </keybind>

(The action tag is probably closed, ie ends with /> rather than just

--
Mikael Magnusson