[openbox] Maximized windows no decoration

Freddie freddie_signup at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 11:25:50 EST 2010

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Dana Jansens wrote:

> 2010/1/11 Andreas Fink <andreas.fink85 at googlemail.com>:

>>>  <margins>
>>>    <top>0</top>
>>>    <bottom>25</bottom>
>>>    <left>0</left>
>>>    <right>0</right>
>>>  </margins>
>>>
>> Margins only work for maximized windows, not fullscreen windows
>> (openbox-3.4.10)
>> However a negative top margin would be a solution but this not supported
>> (short look in the source code shows that you take MAX(0, margin))
>
> That would mess up a lot of other things, like placing windows off
> screen etc.  Basically you can't do what you're asking right now.  It
> has been suggested before to allow different theming options for
> windows of different types, also for windows in different states would
> clearly be nice.

What about just having a key combination that toggles maximisation state
and decoration? If you're worried about decoration and maximisation
getting out of sync then you could have one key combo to max/undecorate

<keybind key="x-y-z">
   <action name="MaximizeFull"/>
   <action name="Undecorate"/>
</keybind>