[openbox] Logging out of Openbox

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Thu Feb 4 10:44:04 EST 2010

Hello,

I have Openbox 3.4.10, and I am starting it from my .xinitrc file, that
is, the last line of my .xinitrc file is:

openbox-session

However, when I right-click and "Log Out", openbox does shut down (I
lose all window decorations on running programs), but all applications
running (such as dock apps, terminals, anything) stick around, and I
have kill off the X server with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

If I replace the last line in my .xinitrc with

openbox  (instead of openbox-session),

the "Log Out" option kills off all running applications and exits properly.

Any ideas as to why that is?

Thanks!
Erik