[openbox] Window overlay on keypress

Ladislav Laska laska at kam.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Dec 18 09:55:18 EST 2010

Hello,

I'd like to configure my openbox so that it can show/hide a window based on a
keystroke (I have some unused buttons on my kb), but can't figure out how.

What I want to do is to crate a windows, that will be invisible in a normal
manner (cant alt-tab there, doesn't show in taskbar) and still be able to switch
to it with a key combination (press to show, press again to hide). I'd like it
to show my /var/log/messages all the time (like 12th text console, but I don't
like switching to text mode).

I browsed the manuals and didn't find anything that would do it. Is it even
possible? Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,
Best regards Ladislav Láska

--
S pozdravem Ladislav Láska                          <laska at kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Katedra Aplikované Matematiky, MFF UK               tel.: +420 739 464 167