[openbox] screen edge works

Alexey Korop akorop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 06:27:20 EDT 2010

Hi, All

    In mikachu/openbox.git appeared a very interesting opportunity to
work with the edges of the screen (wip/edges branch). In this regard, I
have the question and the wish.

    The question: How to use it? In the initial rc.xml I did not find
examples of binding to these events.

    And the wish. I propose to introduce another class of events on the
edges of the screen: a quick mouse hitting on the edge, without
clicking. If the mouse moves slowly or stops at the edge, this should
not lead to the generation of this event. But if the mouse touch the
edge after the rapid movement, this event should be generated. I like to
use it to clickless desktop switching in the Filebar DE under operating
system OS/2.

Yours truly Alexey