[openbox] Extremely weird issue with Input Device

Cedric Sodhi manday at gmx.net
Sun Aug 15 09:07:48 EDT 2010

This is absolutly stunning, I've no idea how this is even remotely possible or what to attribute that for, maybe you guys know.

Starting with a perfectly fine computer where everything works (means xxd works on /dev/input/s) I start X with OB and get into urxvt, now the unexaplainable happens:

I got 3 Wacom XInput devices WCPad WCStylus and WCEraosr and of course my mouse, all normally configured.

Now the weirdness:

When I run xxd /dev/input/wacom (that is where my wacom is properly mounted) I get NO OUTPUT AT ALL, although the device works perfectly fine! (I do get output from outside X in a TTY)

Even stranger: When I run xinput test WCStylus I can't quit xinput with Ctrl-C - that's right

It gets better:

When I xinput test my mouse I do get proper motion but no evens on button clicks UNLESS my mouse is outside of the urxvt window! (on the desktop)

And when I run xinput test WCPad the motion of the Pad's scroll wheel is messed up (doesnt change or only randomly, stays on 71 most of the time) and doesnt show button events unless im outside of urxvt

I'm clueless , and all that changed all out of the sudden. Updates reboots nothing helped it!

regards,
desparate manday