[openbox] Open Box kiosk mode

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Tue Apr 27 23:23:22 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM, RŌNIN <correo.cuervo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to everyone.
>

> I need put OpenBox in kiosk mode, but I don't know how to to disable
> the right mouse button.
>
> Somebody can help me?
>

> Maxwell Draven
> --

Hello Maxwell :)

Are you trying to disable the right mouse button for just the window
manager, or for all applications as well? If it is the latter, you
could attempt to use the xinput command. For example, in a terminal
first enter the command:

    xinput --list

^ should give you a list of available input devices. Make a note of
the device name, or copy it for the next command, my device was listed
as "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad". Enter the following to disable both
the middle and right buttons:

   xinput set-button-map "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" 1 0 0

If the above works for you and your device, maybe consider adding it
to your system's autostart.sh or script which puts the system into
kiosk mode.

Note, you should be able to reverse the command with something like:

   xinput set-button-map "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" 1 2 3

See 'man xinput' for more information. Hope this helps. :)

 -- Philip

P.S. Of course, the above assumes you have xinput available on your system. :)