[openbox] tint2 border

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Oct 30 15:15:57 EDT 2009

Freddie Exall wrote:
> I'm running tint2 inside openbox with
>
>     <application name="*">
>         <decor>no</decor>
>     </application>
>
> and
>
>     <keepBorder>yes</keepBorder>
>
> in my rc.xml. (i.e. I'm wanting everything to have no decorations but
> with a border). This is working well for everything except my tint2
> taskbar. I'm wanting it to have no border. When I first log in to
> openbox tint2 appears WITH a border, however, reconfiguring openbox
> removes this border.

I'm not 100% sure where you're going wrong, however I'm running tint2
and I have <keepBorder>yes</keepBorder> in my rc.xml and I'm not
having this problem.

First question is, how are you starting it? I have "tint2 &" in my
autostart.sh and that works fine for me. I suspect that what you
really want to do is fiddle with the tint2rc file. I had to fiddle
with it for a while but finally got to the point where the tint panel
itself has no background or border. It took some time to get there
though, so maybe you need to keep playing with it.

hth,

Doug