[openbox] How to make "disabled" items

António Pedro Cunha a.pedro.cunha at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 10:17:58 EDT 2009

I'll try to explain it better :) I don't think I can snapshot the
behaviour I want...

Openbox menu's menuitems change color when the user rolls the mouse
over them (pretty much every menu item does that in every
application). However, Openbox has "special" items like separators and
headers which ignore mouse-over mouse-out events and always display
the same way (they don't look like they're clickable because they
don't change colors when hovered).
What I was asking for was a way to create a new type of "special"
item, which ignores the mouse too. That way, certain pipe menus (like
the one for controlling MPD, for example) could display information in
menu-items which would not appear to be clickable, because they would
have no "mouse-over" state :)

Other items (clickable) should still light up properly according to
the theme... but these non-clickable items should be just like the
clickable ones, except they wouldn't care if you mouse-over them or
click them; they would remain as if no mouse pointer was on them.

I hope this helps clear some things up :)