[openbox] changing sound themes

Mithat Konar mithat_konar at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 03:20:38 EDT 2009

Please pardon me if my newbie is showing. I am trying to set up Openbox on top of a vanilla Ubuntu Jaunty install. I am trying to make it as independent of Gnome as possible and so have set up my autostart.sh so that gnome-settings-daemon does not start. So far it seems to be ok -- my .gtkrc-2.0 file seems to be respected.

However, the sound theme is now defaulting to the bongo-rich Ubuntu sound theme -- which I had mostly disabled in Gnome, and for the life of me I cannot figure out where/how to configure sounds without the gnome-settings-daemon. I placed a sound theme that I hacked together from the Ubuntu one into /usr/local/share/sounds and then added ' gtk-sound-theme-name="MFK" ' to my .gtkrc-2.0, but that didn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-M