[openbox] Two Separate Menus: root-menu and Debian menu

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 18:51:42 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 10/5/09, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:

> From: Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us>
> Subject: Re: [openbox] Two Separate Menus: root-menu and Debian menu
> Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 5:29 PM
> rent0n wrote:
> > Ok, i'm sorry but english is not my first language
> (i'm from italy) and
> > sometimes i can't understand exactly what you write.
> > Can you please explain me what you meant before and
> how to solve my
> > little problem?
>
> Let's say you have this:
>
> <openbox_menu>
>     <debian_menu>
>     <menu
> id="System">
> <menu id="System">
>
> You're going to have a conflict because the menu ids are
> the same.
> Make sure that the menu ids on the debian menu have some
> sort of
> unique property (such as D_System instead of just System)
> and you
> should be fine.
>

> hope this helps,
>
> Doug

Actually Doug,  I would suggest that he make the ones in the root_menu be the unique ones.  It can be as simple as adding my_blah to the id.

Since the debian menu is system-wide, and get's regenerated by debian, it would take more to keep straightening it out than to just rename the root_menu, which, if I remember correctly was the one that was manually maintained.

Knute