[openbox] Window on multiple dsktops

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Wed May 6 21:24:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009 11:11:29 +0200 (CEST)
Mikael Magnusson <lists at bak.och.fr.am> wrote:

| On Wed, 6 May 2009, Johan Vromans wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > A window can be on one desktop, moved to another desktop, or be
| > present on all desktops.
| >
| > Is it possible to have a window on a selection of desktops, e.g., on
| > desktops 1 and 4?
|
| No.

 Mikael Magnusson

From my past experience CTwm window manager can allow you to specify
a window to appear on any combination of desktops (and modify that
selection using window properities, allowing external programs to move
windows around.

HOWEVER, also from experience, CTwm also stuffs up what desktop a window
appears on, especially in applications like FireFox which likes to move
itself to the current desktop automatically when given a remote URL
command.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>