[openbox] Forcing windows to be resizeable?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Mar 17 11:49:39 EDT 2009

Around about 11/03/09 11:27, Mikael Magnusson typed ...
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Neil Bird wrote:
>>  I wanted to be able to move it out of the way until I was ready for it.
> In that case it probably isn't even a window, just some widgets drawn on
> top of a static screenshot of what you had on screen before it appeared.
> Stuff like that is why I haven't upgraded from gnupg 1.4.

   I came across the situation again:  it's the GNOME enter-root-password
prompt when running admin. tasks from the GNOME menu (the pam helper wotsit).

   What it's *actually* doing, is grabbing the keyboard and mouse, such that
Openbox can't use the mouse to drag.

   Fortunately, I enable the Xorg '<Alt-Ctrl-/>' (and -*) 'kill
mouse/keyboard grab' options, so in this situation I can mash those and get
to move the window.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature