[openbox] Re: Closing decoration windows

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 19:23:18 EDT 2009

--- On Tue, 3/10/09, Henrik Enberg <enberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Henrik Enberg <enberg at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [openbox] Re: Closing decoration windows
> To: openbox at icculus.org
> Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 8:47 AM
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Knute
> <knuteh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > In the rc.xml, in the applications section in the
> decor portion, you can get rid of the titlebar and keep the
> borders.
>
> How would that work then?  As far as I can see, it's a
> boolean option
> of all decor or none.

Actually, it's really easy to do.

Here's an excerpt from my rc.xml:

  <application class="tvtime">
      <position>
        <x>-0</x>
        <y>-0</y>
      </position>
      <decor>
        <titlebar>no</titlebar>
        <borders>yes</borders>
      </decor>
    </application>

Yeah, tvtime.  I like to be able to manually resize it, and sometimes, I use the mouse, and sometimes the keyboard.   This keeps the titlebar hidden, but the borders are still there.
And it also set's it down in the lower right-hand corner for me.  :)

I can't remember where I found that info, but it works.  :)

HTH,
Knute