[openbox] Re: Closing decoration windows

Knute knuteh at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 09:21:11 EDT 2009

--- On Tue, 3/10/09, Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> From: Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl>
> Subject: [openbox] Re: Closing decoration windows
> To: openbox at icculus.org
> Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 6:32 AM
> Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> writes:
>
> > It isn't visible. Move the mouse slowly from
> inside the application to
> > outside the application and you'll see the pointer
> change briefly to
> > the "resize" shape. Stop it at that point
> and right click.
>
> You really think I didn't try that? ;)
>
> When I move the pointer slowly from inside (e.g. a text
> window) to
> outside the pointer changes from I-beam to arrow. No resize
> shape :(
>
> You can find my setup at
> http://johan.vromans.org/articles/MyDesktop/ob.html
>
> -- Johan

There is another option that you have.

For those windows that you need to resize, and whatever, but don't want the titlebar, you can still keep the borders.

In the rc.xml, in the applications section in the decor portion, you can get rid of the titlebar and keep the borders.

I have one window that I have set up that way.  It works nicely to let me know if that window is focused or not (when I pay attention to the border color that is.... hehehe).

An alternative is that you can set up keybindings to move or resize your windows.  That's not to difficult to set up either.

HTH,
Knute