No subject

Thu Mar 12 04:18:45 EDT 2009

enough in explaining what I meant.

I like Openbox mainly because of many of the design decisions behind it.
To work with it, it helps me to understand what is meant by e.g.  "focus
follows mouse". Ben wrote:

> > On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:30:20PM -0400, Ben Jansens wrote:
> > > Follow mouse kind of implies the mouse is moving in order to
> > > follow it. When using keyboard shortcuts, the assumption is that
> > > you would like further keyboard actions to still manipulate the
> > > same window, not a random window depending on where in the focused
> > > window you last left the pointer, and what windows are underneath
> > > it.

Yet I use it in exactly the same way Ben suggests, but I end up with
some window focused according to the pointer location, after some
keyboard manipulation, when I don't touch the mouse.

All I was saying, was that this description does not match current
behaviour. However, I think what Ben describes is a really good idea.
I'd like to see behaviour, but it does not work like that at the moment.

More specifically, if I switch workspaces back and forth using e.g.
keys, I would expect the last focused window on that workspace to be
focused again, as I left it, conform Ben's description.

right now.

:)

Cheers, Cas