[openbox] New user - openbox 3.4 - two questions

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Mon Jun 22 02:11:35 EDT 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:24:20 -0700
Marc Wilson <msw at cox.net> wrote:

| http://www.trilon.com/xv/faq.html#drifting-window

Would be better is you could FIX the position of the window
UNLESS it hits the bottom of the display.  It then returns to
that position for the next smaller image.

Also allow some input into 'forbidden margins' so it does not
go into panel regions.

I also do not recommend any decorations, because then the
amount of drift becomes tied to the size of the title bar.

Unfortunately the height of the title bar is tied to the font which is
tied to the resolution of the X window display.

This is different on my work machine and my laptop. Basically
the title bar height varies form machine to machine.

I also found that if the openbox theme that is use has
  border.Width: 2
and the nodecor option for the XV root window.
    <!-- Remove decorations from XV root window -->
    <application class="XVroot">
      <decor>no</decor>
    </application>

then I get no drift case!

Anyone else like to share their findings?

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>